Sunday, December 18, 2011

The media found me!

I received a phone call last week from a local newspaper reporter. She'd received a tip from a friend about my book and wanted to interview me. As I don't like to be the center of attention, I hesitated. But, I swallowed my insecurites and agreed to answer her e-mailed questions. The next day, she called and we met for lunch and had a nice talk. Two days later, my story and full-color photo made the front page of the paper. Wow, now I know how celebrities feel! It's a little disconcerting and I'm still not fully comfortable allowing others to read my work. It's like bearing my soul for the world to see. But, I'll get over it. Book sales have definitely picked up because of the story and people are stopping me on the street, church, work and congratulating me. So, thank you Trish and Naomi for forcing me to step out of my comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment